Follow Us on Facebook Home | Site Map | Contact | © City of Lower Burrell. All Rights Reserved.
Parks & Recreation Department

We hope this page will help answer many of the questions you have about the city. 


If not, we would encourage you to contact us.  Click here for contact information.

1. What are the various meeting times for Council, Zoning Board, etc.?
  Agenda meeting – first Monday at 6 PM; Council meeting will follow at its conclusion.
  Stormwater Committee – 2nd Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
meeting held at #1 Fire Hall, 915 New York Avenue
  Municipal Authority - 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
  Parks Commission - 4th Monday at 7:00 p.m.
  Planning Commission - 3rd Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
  Zoning Hearing Board - 3rd Monday at 7:00 p.m.
  Recycling Task Force - 2nd Wednesday in March, June, September and December at 7:00 p.m.
Yearly Meeting Schedule Click here to print out a yearly meeting schedule
2. What are the hours at City Hall and the Treasurer's Office?
  9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. weekdays, except holidays

Secured mail drops are located on the back of the Treasurer's Office for after hours use
3. How do I get to Lower Burrell and City Hall?

Lower Burrell is located approximately 20-25 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. From Pittsburgh: take Route 28N to Exit 14, go straight at next two lights, cross the Tarentum-New Kensington Bridge, make a left at the third light.


City Hall: proceed straight on Leechburg Road through two lights. Approximately 6/10's mile after the second light, make a right on Schreiber Street. From Greensburg: take Route 66N to Route 366W to Route 56W to Route 366W to next traffic light, turn right on Leechburg Road approximately 1.2 miles, make a right on Schreiber Street.

4. How do I get to Burrell Lake Park and how do I rent a pavilion or Fisher Hall?
  Burrell Lake Park is located off of Delberta Road - follow Puckety Church Road past the Middle School and High School and follow signs to the park. A pavilion or Fisher Hall may be rented by calling Nita at 724-335-9875, ext. 208 - or information can be obtained by clicking here
5. How do I get to K-9 Officer Derek Kotecki Memorial Park (formerly known as Wolf Pack Park)?
  K-9 Officer Derek Kotecki Memorial Park is located on Wildlife Lodge Road. There are two different directions to the park. One is to onto Wildlife Lodge Road and drive past Burrell Plaza to the park on the left. The second way is to exit Leechburg Road onto Edgecliff Road, proceed to the bottom and make a right turn, park is on the right.
6. Who is the Animal Control Officer and what is their number?
  Animal Control Officer is Hoffman Kennels - Call 724-468-5505
1. What taxi service is in the area?
  Byers Taxi Service, Inc. Sr. Citizen 724-567-5664
2. What is the CALL BEFORE YOU DIG number?
Treasurer's Office
1. Do senior citizens get any discount on property taxes?
  After the city, county and school property taxes are paid, you can apply for a Property Tax Rebate from the State the following year.
2. If my son or daughter goes to college, do they have to pay Per Capita Tax?
  Any resident from the age of 18 - 21 pays $10.00 for Per Capita, and over 21 pays $15.00 as long as they still keep their residency in Lower Burrell.
3. How can senior citizens be exempt for Per Capita Tax?
  You can apply for an exemption form from the Burrell Senior High School business office. The exemption is based on age (65) and income, which is under $10,000.00. A disability can also exempt to you, however, it is at the discretion of the Burrell School District upon request.
4. Do I have to pay a sewer bill even if my water is shut off? If I have a rental property and it is empty, do I have to pay sewer rental?
  Yes, You will not be billed for any consumption, but must continue to pay the minimum base rate based on meter size.
5. If I do not work but I received a form for Earned Income, do I still have to file?
  Anyone who receives a form has to file, even if they do not work.
6. Do I have to pay Earned Income?
  Any resident employed has to pay Earned Income regardless of age. The rate is 1%.
7. Are interest, unemployment and pensions taxable for Earned Income?
  No, none of the above is taxable
1. What is the phone number of the Bureau of Elections?
2. Where do I vote?
  1-1 - Grace Community Church - (Craigdell Road to Substation)
  1-2 - Church of God - (Craigdell Road to Rodgers Drive)
  2-1 - City Hall - (Taylor Building all the way including Fairhaven Drive on that side of Leechburg Rd)
  2-2 - Peoples Library, 3052 Wachter Avenue - (Rodgers Drive down to Donnell Road)
  2-3 -City Hall - (Donnell Road to the Bowling Alley)
  3-1 - High Rise - (covers all the other side of Wildlife Lodge Rd to the Farm, Burrell Lake Park, Bon Air Plan, Sylvan Plan)
  3-2 - Trinity United Christian Church- (Braeburn, Braeburn Heights, Edgecliff Road area, Trader's Path)
  4-1 - Kinloch Volunteer Fire Dept.- Social Hall - (Kinloch - Greensburg Road)
  4-2 - Puckety Presbyterian Church - (Seventh Street area)
3. Where can I register to vote and where can I obtain an absentee ballot?

You may register to vote at District Justice Cheryl Peck Yakopec's Office, 46 Towne Center Dr., Leechburg, PA 15656 724-236-0274.  You may obtain an absentee ballot at Lower Burrell City Hall.


Voter Registration and Absentee Ballots are available on the Westmoreland Election Bureau web site:


Home |  FAQ  |  Events  |   Contact Us